Welcome To Hilot Massage Therapy
Welcome To Hilot Massage Therapy
Creating and providing personalized Registered Massage Therapy treatments that are restorative and relaxing.
Every massage is made up of a unique combination of techniques that will help develop, maintain, rehabilitate, or augment physical function, or relieve pain or promote health.
In order to maintain the flattened curve, we all need to do our part in honest, clear communication with each other. At the outset, this includes all of us acknowledging that the nature of Massage Therapy means that physical distancing is not possible in the treatment room. We do want to assure you that the imperative for us as RMT's is to create an environment where you, as our patients, can safely receive Massage Therapy by minimizing the risk of Covid19 transmission.
Our Safety Protocols around hygiene and sanitation to reduce the risk of exposure to Covid19:
- Before every shift, each therapist will use the BC Covid19 Self-Assessment Tool, and cancel appointments if we are experiencing Covid19 symptoms.
- Along with your appointment reminder we will also prompt you to use the BC Covid19 Self-Assessment Tool, and trust you to cancel your appointment if you are experiencing any Covid19 symptoms. We may cancel the treatment if physical presentation at the clinic doesn't meet the pre-screening criteria. If you are at greater risk, we can explore other options for care and/or postpone Massage Therapy, keeping in mind that the benefits of care delivery outweigh the risk to you.
- Therapists will be wearing face masks in the clinic and during the treatment. We will not be treating the face directly with our hands.
- We recommend for your to bring and wear a face mask upon entry of the clinic and use the hand sanitizer available at the reception desk or in each of our treatment rooms before and after the treatment.
- Distancing measures of 6 feet will be observed in reception area by RMT's ad patients. This means that no more than 2 others at reception at a time. Please enter the clinic only no more than 2 minutes before your treatment time, unless you need to use the washroom.
- Due to the nature of Massage Therapy requiring close contact, Consent to Treat with Risk of Exposure to Covid19 will be obtained before your next appointment. We will send this to you by email ahead of time along with your appointment reminder.
- High traffic surfaces in common spaces, such as door handles, countertops, light switches, and washroom facility will be sanitized regularly throughout the day.
- Massage tables, oil dispensers, chairs, tables, clothing hooks, door handles, and tabletops in treatment rooms will be disinfected after every treatment.
- Thorough hand-washing before and after every treatment has been and will remain a standard of practice for us.
- Tissues will be available in the clinic to use as a barrier when itching the face.
- If possible and available to you, we highly encourage payment to be made via E-transfer. Payment by credit, debit and cash are still options available.
For now, these are interim guidelines, meaning they can change as the situation evolves. We thank you in advance for working together with us and maintaining an integral relationship in ensuring a safe and healthy environment in the clinic and our community.